June 27, 2012

My partner of the 6th BSBP

  I was so impatient to know who my partner of the 6th Bead Soup Blog Party is that I've waited until midnight to receive the e-mail from Lori, our BSBP hostess. As she had to send about 400 mails and our time zones are 6 hours apart, I learned only the next morning that my partner is Amy Severino from Maryland (US). 

  I've immediately checked her blog and found out that she is a bead weaver. Here are some of her pieces I like very much ...





... but there are much more - just go here and check by yourself.

  However, the "hardest" part of the party arrived - to make a bead soup for Amy. I've asked her if there are any "do nots" and I liked very much her reply that I don't need to check her style as the surprise and the challenge are the whole point. As I work with polymer clay, I decided to make some beads by myself and to buy some others. The ordered material arrived today and my own beads will be finished tonight - so I will be ready to send the package tomorrow (the deadline is Monday, July 2).

  I've let myself be droven by the momentary inspiration while making beads and I think for Amy it will be a challenge outside her normal "comfort zone", but I'm sure I'll like the final result. So, stay tuned for the sneak peek of my soup for Amy....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Pri sodelovanju v šestem (a zame prvem) Bead Soup Blog Party-ju je prišel prvi težko pričakovani trenutek - izvedela sem, da je moja partnerica v tej "župci" Amy Severino iz Marylanda (ZDA). Seveda sem takoj preverila njen blog in ugotovila, da je njena strast šivanje perl - zgoraj lahko občudujete slike nekaterih meni ljubših njenih izdelkov, še več slik pa vas čaka na njenem blogu.

  Hkrati pa je prispel tudi najtežji del te izmenjave - izbrati perle, obesek in zaponko), ki jih moram poslati Amy najkasneje 2. julija. Vprašala sem jo, če je kaj takega, kar si prav ne bi želela, pa me je razveselil njen odgovor, da je bistvo zabave ravno presenečenje in izziv. Tako sem se odločila, da nekaj koščkov naredim sama iz polimerne gline, nekaj pa jih kupim. Ker sem se pri izdelavi svojih kosov prepustila trenutnemu navdihu, bo moja "župca" zadnjo predstavljala skok izven njenega običajnega stila, a verjamem, da mi bo končni rezultat všeč.

2 comments:

Amy S. said...

EEEEEK!!!!! I am so excited!!!! I love your work and I can't wait to see what you created for this bead soup!!!!!

Pepita said...

Thank you Amy - I'm so curious about your soup for me, too!!!